Ever'man Natural Foods in Downtown Pensacola is a not-for-profit co-op, which means it is owned and operated by our members. Our members receive great value on purchases along with a voice in policies, selection and operations. Our encouragement of member feedback signifies the cooperative nature of our business. Hence, the term "co-op.” By listening to community input, Ever’man enables members to receive goods and services they desire.
The Ever’man co-op consolidates buying power for thousands of members throughout Northwest Florida, South Alabama and Mississippi. We are the largest health food store in between New Orleans and Tallahassee.
Ever'man Natural Foods was founded in Pensacola in 1973 to "provide wholesome, nutritious food at a reasonable cost." As a co-op, we base decisions on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. In the tradition of our founders, cooperative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
Because of Ever'man, the community WILL HAVE:
- Education about Health, Nutrition, and Environmental issues.
- Access to Healthy, Natural foods and Products at the Lowest Possible Price.
- Support for Responsible, Local Agriculture and Small Business.
- An example of Green Business Practices.
Food Product Policy
At Ever’man, our policy is to provide healthier and more nutritious alternatives to conventional offerings, while still providing our members and customers with a wide variety of foods.
As such, Ever’man will emphasize and promote:
- Organic foods.
- Whole or minimally processed foods.
- Non-GMO foods.
- Products that are cruelty-free.
- Items that are Fair Trade.
- Items that are packaged in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Locally grown products whenever possible.
Our buyers will use a Product Evaluation Form when bringing in new products. Items offered for sale will be expected to meet or exceed our standards. Limited exceptions to this procedure will be made only under the following conditions:
- If there is no more healthful alternative available.
- If member demand for a particular item is strong and the product committee determines that the product is acceptable.
All exceptions will be noted on the shelf.
We will not carry food products that contain the following ingredients on the label:
- Artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavorings or artificial preservatives.
- Meats containing hormones or antibiotics.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG).
Members and customers are a powerful resource for Ever’man. Blank “Product Request Forms” are available at the customer service desk. All recommendations will be addressed in a timely manner.
In a nut shell…
A small group of individuals wanted to pull their resources together to provide the community with wholesome, nutritious food at a reasonable cost.
Our first ‘official’ location was located at the Unity Church in Gulf Breeze. The buyer’s club moved next to a log cabin in Midway around 1972.
After originating in1973, Ever’man became legally incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in the State of Florida in 1976.
Ever’man Natural Foods Cooperative, Inc. moved to a storefront location on 12th avenue in 1973 and remained there for approximately 18 years until in 1991. At that time we moved to the Quonset hut on 9th avenue.
In early 1999, we made our 4th move to our current 11,000 square-foot Garden street location. The building was a once-vacant tire store which was transformed into a full service grocer with a deli, community room, and “garden” to improve the landscape.
This year, Ever’man celebrates our 40th anniversary with an expansion and renovation project that will allow us to better serve our community – come see why we’re better than ever!
As a natural food co-op, Ever’man Natural Foods strives to help members of our store and our community to achieve goals of improved nutrition and health. We are happy to sponsor local events that support healthy living and sustainable lifestyles.
Each year Ever'man donates thousands of dollars in product and services to local organizations, non-profits, festivals and events. If your organization would like to be considered for a donation, please apply by filling out the donation request form and faxing it back to 850-434-2628.
Ever’man is proud to be one of Escambia County's Drop-Off Recycling Sites. We have two large, green recycle bins conveniently located in our back parking lot. Dispose of your recyclables any time, day or night and help us conserve natural resources. If you find our bins are full, please go to one of the 15 other drop-off locations in Escambia County.
Additional community involvement includes:
- Support of local farmers.
- Teaching students about natural and organic foods and healthy lifestyles
- Providing educational resources about health, environment and wellness (brochures, magazines, wellness education, shopping tips and recipe kiosk, newsletters, coupons).
- Setting an example as environmental stewards for the business community.
- Participation in decision-making groups to continually improve Pensacola.
Ever’man Return Policy:
Our staff takes great pride in making sure all products are of the highest quality available. We want you to be pleased with all of your purchases but if you are not for any reason please take the item and the receipt to Customer Service. They will be happy to make it right.
- Receipt dated in the last 30 days is required for a refund.
- Returns made after 30 days will be exchanged or given store credit.
- Returns of Co-op merchandise without a receipt will be exchanged or given store credit.
- Refunds will be based on type of original payment.
- Purchases made by check will be given store credit.
- No refunds, returns or exchanges may be made after 90 days from original purchase.
- We require identification when accepting returns.
- Special orders and clearance items are not refundable.