Apple Persimmon Sauce
- 2 persimmons, peeled and cubed
- 6 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mash apple sauce with a potato masher until it’s your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Can also be frozen and stored for up to a year.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.