Make-ahead Moroccan Chicken
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skinned
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs minced ginger
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 5 cups water
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cous cous
- In large, non-stick soup pot, place olive oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Stir in onion, garlic, chickpeas, ginger, carrots, raisins, cinnamon, cumin, tumeric and water. Bring to simmer, reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir in zucchini and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. Serve in large bowls over cous cous.
- To freeze, transfer Moroccan Chicken to plastic container with tight fitting lid. Let cool, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Refrigerate, uncovered, until cold, about 40 minutes. Cover tightly and freeze until needed.
- To thaw, transfer from freezer to refrigerator 12 - 24 hours before needed. Reheat in a large, covered soup pot over medium-low heat. Bring to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.