Savory Beef Stew with Roasted Vegetables
- 1- 3/4 to 2 lbs beef for stew, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- Roasted Vegetables:12 medium mushrooms
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered, seeded
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 1 1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1- 1/2 Tbs each olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef with garlic in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan; season with pepper.
- Stir in broth and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 425°F. Place vegetables in lightly oiled jelly roll pan. Drizzle with 1-1/2 tablespoons oil and vinegar; toss. Roast in 425°F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into stew; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vegetables and 2 teaspoons vinegar. Serve with couscous.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.