Soba Noodles with Beef and Tomatoes
- 12 oz flank steak, uncooked
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 12 oz soba noodles, uncooked
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, (about 1/2 pound)
- Trim fat from steak, and cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Place the steak and teiyakii sauce in a large zip-lock bag (or in a bowl with a cover). Toss well to coat and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- In a jar or small bowl, mix together beef broth, soy sauce and sugar; set aside.
- Cook noodles in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain noodles, and keep warm.
- Remove steak from bag, discard the marinade. Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and geen onions; sauté 30 seconds. Add steak and stir fry just until steak loses its pink color (do not overcook). Remove steak from pan, and keep warm.
- Add soy sauce mixture and tomatoes to skillet and stir well. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in steak and cook just until thoroughly heated.
- In a large bowl, combine beef mixture and noodles. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.